Making Your Goals a Reality – Schedule Your Week/Month

Making Your Goals a Reality - Schedule Your Week/Month

In a recent blog post, we talked about how having set, written goals make all the difference in the world about attainment.

Do you remember the Harvard study we talked about? The 3% of the people ho had written their goals down were earning, on average 10 times as much as the other 97% of the class combined!!!!

Our last post talked all about your goals. And it’s great to identify what you want to do and what you want to accomplish. If you’re a follower of the Law of Attraction – just setting the goal itself will start you on a path for achievement!

And although I believe that you must put your intention out into the world – I also believe that it is focused, and deliberate action that actually gets you there!

As you go into this next year, you may need to decide that it is time to leave your job and become self employed. You may know that this is the time to take the leap and open your own business or fitness studio! This may be the time to take your current business to the next level!

If you really want to achieve these goals – it is time that you make a commitment to yourself! Decide WHAT you are going to do.

Write it down.

Decide HOW you are going to achieve the goal. 
You must break it down into small, bite sized steps – and ideally order those steps.  Every time I talk to someone who is overwhelmed in their business, it’s because they are looking at the whole business or a whole project, versus just focusing on the ONE NEXT THING that they need to do to achieve the goal.

SCHEDULE it and Stick to it!

I will tell you that one of the most common habits of successful people is that they schedule their week on Sunday or they make their to do list the day prior. If I sit down Sunday night – I can take just 15-20 minutes and schedule out all the things I want to accomplish in my week. I literally block them as appointments in my ical! This way when I walk out of teaching classes on Monday afternoon – I have a list of the 10 things I want to accomplish before the end of my workday. If something doesn’t get done – I move it into the following day.And then when I get up on Tuesday morning – I can jump out of bed, make my cup of coffee and get right to work – rather than taking an hour (or more) piddling in my social media, email, and every other distraction, while I’m trying to decide what to tackle first!

If you have decided it is the time to start your new life – take action. Don’t wait another moment! This is the year that you are going to finally make a change and build the life you’ve always dreamed of! Do it!

Amy Mewborn is the Founder of Women Success Society. She helps women entrepreneurs launch and scale six and seven figure businesses, without the hustle; with her signature programs - Business Success Simplified and Elevate Mastermind and Accelerator.