We all want to be successful and are always looking to those that ARE successful to see what they are doing that we aren’t.
1. Successful people often get up early. You have likely seen the quote – “Beyonce has the same number of hours in the day as you do.” But yet, Beyonce is a mother, an actress, a singer, a clothing designer, a choreographer, and the list goes on. Now, she probably has some help – but successful people have learned to maximize their time and do things in such a way to get the most out of their day. Disney CEO is rumored to get up at 4:30 every morning just to have some quiet time to read. I don’t know about you – but 4:30 is still the middle of my night!!!!
2. Successful people make their workout a priority. Successful people understand that in order to get the most out of their day, they need to keep their energy high. That is done through trying to be as healthy as possible, and making sure they wake up the mind and muscles with a work out. Studies show that with a daily workout, you are more energized, more focused, have more mental clarity, and sleep better.
3. They prioritize their tasks! Busy, productive people are focused and often have planned out their day before their feet ever lifted into the bed the night prior. By planning their goals, appointments, and tasks, they can hit the ground running the next morning – without fumbling around trying to determine where to start! Have you ever noticed that if you haven’t planned your day, you can often spend more time on Facebook, email, etc – and at the end of the day feel like you haven’t accomplished as much as you should have. By planning ahead, you will minimize the time drain of trying to decide what you should do next.
4. They kept a gratitude journal. The busier you get – sometimes it becomes easier and easier to not take the time to really stop and smell the roses. But our mindset is so important to our productivity and success. So, by taking a few moments every day to recognize the things they are grateful for, successful people keep that high vibration of gratitude, success, and positivity. I love the apps, Gratitude or Gratitude 365 to just take a few moments to do this every day while you are at the gas station, or waiting in line for your lunch or coffee. 😉
5. They tackle the most important tasks first, and plan and strategize early in the day. Successful people are fairly aware of their body rhythms and work accordingly. They handle, the big, important tasks first and save the time consuming things that don’t require a lot of their fresh creativity for later in the day.
So, if you are wanting to increase your success – here are five simple, quick things to do to finish out 2014 with a bang! Comment below and share YOUR favorite success tip!