This quarantine for COVID-19 has really gotten a lot of us down. Mike and I live in Vegas. The first two days after we were told to stay home and that Mike’s job had been shut down for 30 days, it really threw me for a HUGE loop! I’m a doer. I don’t know what to do when I feel like my options are limited. And although I’m an introvert through and through, I’m also a rule follower. It’s HARD to be TOLD I have to stay home! But, we’re going to do it. And as we’re about five days in, I’ve decided to just give in, accept it, and make the most of it.
So here are some of the things we’re doing here at my house over the next 30 days. I hope they are helpful to you too!
- Read that book that has been sitting on your bookshelf for years! If you’re anything at all like me, I have a whole bookshelf of books I have been wanting to read. This is my chance to snuggle on my sofa in front of the fireplace, turn on some calm music and read my little heart out!
- Organize your closet, pantry, kitchen, garage – all of it– one room a day. Turn on some music and dance it out as you go! This will be our weekend project. First – do you know how long we could probably live on just the food in our pantry? This is a great time to start going through everything and using it up. I think we may even try our hands at some home made biscuits this weekend! But this is also a perfect opportunity to start cleaning out our garage and getting ready for a garage sale once quarantine has been lifted. I have a LOT of junk!
- Do a free Zoom coffee date with your friends you’ve been too busy to see in real life! I’m sad to admit that I have not talked to one of my VERY best friends in about a year. This is a perfect opportunity to set up some phone dates!
- Write the book you’ve been dreaming about your whole life. It took me a few years to write my first book, The Great Escape, The Successful Woman’s Guide to Escaping The 9 to 5. This is a great time for me to start the sequel for now that you launched that business!
- Play board games with your family. I’m not a huge games fan, but this is a great opportunity to turn off the tv and have some fun with Mike.
- Watch the Hallmark Christmas Movie Marathon. When you’re down in the dumps, a Hallmark Christmas movie is the PERFECT way to cheer you up! This weekend Hallmark is running a Hallmark Christmas Movie marathon. ENJOY!
- Create and launch a new income stream, online program, or course. I have had two things I have wanted to launch in my business for the past two years. Unfortunately I have always felt so busy in my current business that I have felt like I didn’t have the time to tackle the new projects. Well, since my current business is a high priced one on one coaching platform, it’s that perfect time to launch my lower priced educational services. So that’s one of the things I’m working on.
- Start a Youtube Channel or Tik Tok account with fun, quirky musings to make people laugh. While people are stuck at home, they are going to be consuming content at a CRAZY rate. This is a perfect time to be creating content yourself!
- Buy an online course and support a small business. Start learning something new that you have always wanted to learn! Small business is FREAKING out right now. If you have had an online course that you have wanted to take, reach out to the course creator and see if it’s available right now. Even if the cart is normally closed, many course creators are willing to do something for you right now to give you access to e-learning. They need the money, and this is a great time for you to be learning something new!
- Do some gardening in your back yard. Pull weeds, trim trees. Wash windows. The weather is getting nicer. It’s the perfect time to get a head start on some of the spring cleaning of your yard or the outside of your house. It’s the perfect opportunity to get out in the sun and do something productive in the fresh air!
- Wash and vacuum your cars. If you’re anything like Mike and me, we don’t do this NEARLY often enough. It’s going to be one of our tasks this weekend! If you can’t get out and go places, make your life at home the best you possibly can!
- Workout with one of the one demand fitness options. There are SO many great on demand options now to be able to work out at home. Peloton has offered 90 days free of their app for new users. But even better, if you have a local studio that you love – reach out and see if they have any online memberships available right now. They are trying to keep their doors open – and could really use your support.
- Call your parents! They’re probably worried about you, and you should check on them too! During times of uncertainty, chances are that your parents are sitting at home worrying about you. Call them. Let them know you’re ok. Make sure they’re ok. Everyone’s probably feeling a bit stir crazy right now!
- Paint a room in your house. When Mike and I buy a new house, one of the first things we do is start painting walls. We LOVE making a house our own. When you’re stuck at home, this is a great time to paint your bedroom a fun new, cheerful color.
- Go through all your years of files and organize them all! I still like to get all my bills in paper copy. I like to see the whole bill. Well this is typically great. But after a couple of years, I have PILES of bills, receipts, and other files. This weekend I’ll be locking myself in my office and cleaning out my file cabinets.
I know things are tough right now. I know that it feels like life is completely out of your control, but there are things you can do to control what happens within the walls of your house or your yard. Control what you can. Do something good for yourself or your home.
As you complete tasks, you’ll start to feel better and better about the situation!
And our mindset is one of the most important things to protect right now because it boosts your immune system!
Have some FUN! LOVE your peeps!
And if you need anything from me – drop me a line!